Marketing and Business Development Director
Our Daily Vibes in our Ohana
Marketing and Business Development Director
DataHouse Asia is a is a member of ʻike Group, a growing group of innovators, technologists, and entrepreneurs, owning the biggest and the longest information technology consulting firm, our sister company, DataHouse Consulting founded in 1975 in Hawaii, US.
As one of the most prestigious software development companies in Danang, Vietnam, we provide end-to-end services for great enterprises, governments, and start-ups. With over 10 years of experience in the software engineering industry, we have successfully collaborated and delivered our high-quality software projects to partners in 19 countries worldwide.
Who are we looking for?
The Marketing and Business Development Director will lead a team of (approximately 5) professionals who execute DataHouse Asia’s sales, partner engagement, and marketing activities. The Marketing and Business Development Director will be responsible for:
- Increasing service revenues
- Increasing SaaS revenues
- Increasing DataHouse Asia’s brand awareness among 3rd parties as well as current and potential partners and members
What are your responsibilities?
01. Business Development Activities
- Set goals and develop plans for business and revenue growth in the Asia Pacific Region.
- Manage the business development and sales operations in the Asia Pacific region.
- Support proposal responses for Public Sector Accounts in US.
02. Overall Brand Marketing
- Own strategic planning and execution of the annual events calendar.
- Research and identify strategic industry events and opportunities and help determine DataHouse Asia’s participation level.
- Drive demand creation and lead generation activities that generate qualified leads, sales meetings, and creates brand awareness into net new accounts.
03. Employer Branding
- Oversee the company’s employment branding strategies (be able to sell company as an employer of choice to potential hires).
- Ensure marketing and recruiting goals are aligned (Be able to measure and report the effectiveness of employer branding campaigns and make data-driven decisions).
04. Product Marketing
- Work with cross-functional teams (product, engineering, sales, marketing, revenue) to gather customer insights, set brand/product positioning, and create go-to-market (GTM) plans.
- Decide the marketing plan from concept to execute and lead of multi-stakeholder GTM teams.
- Develop clear messaging and marketing tactics to effectively acquire new customers and retain and grow existing revenues.
- Follow the competitor research and continually stay up to date with market trends to inform positioning and white space opportunities.
- Act as a thought partner to Product as a “voice of the customer,” allowing us to prioritize meaningful product roadmap development.
Do you meet these job requirements?
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, or similar field.
- 5+ years of proven experience successfully managing marketing & business development teams and activities ideally within enterprise SaaS.
- Recruiting or internal marketing experience.
- Comfortable managing ambiguity, has experience quickly building processes from the ground up.
- Ability to prioritize and balance conflicting demands while leading multiple simultaneous projects.
- Flexibility to travel and work across different time zones as needed.
- Analytical Horsepower — Data-backed decisions are your thing. You can pair historical data, customer insights and industry trends to make decisions. You are savvy with BI tools and data manipulation to draw insights about your products and your customers, informing robust and comprehensive strategies and growth opportunities.
- Strategic Planner —You have a vision and the confidence to convince others on the team to follow your path. You know what’s required to put the plan into action and bring the vision to life.
- Strong Communicator — You’re a strong storyteller; have written short-form and long-form content and can point to examples of your writing and presentations. This is a connective role with important interfaces across the entire company. You are skilled at structured and complete communication, and you are comfortable articulating what needs to be done when things are ambiguous. You pride yourself in understanding and defining customer personas and aligning product capabilities with their needs.
- Danang, Vietnam (open to discussion with the right candidate).
- Good knowledge in IT sector in Asia Pacific Region.
- Advanced level of business English.
Are you excited to explore our perks?
01. Salary & Bonuses
- Competitive take-home cash together with monthly allowances.
- Annual performance appraisal and salary review.
- 13th salary and accountability bonus twice a year based on company/individual performance and profitability.
- Monthly entertainment/team building allowances & project/team celebrations for certain milestones (applied for project teams and back office).
- Working tools: laptop and widescreen provided.
02. Life-long Learning & Development
- Opportunities to work alongside a fun and global team with international/US clients.
- On-site program to explore various cultures in multi-cities in Vietnam and the US for all levels.
- Seniority reward from one-year intervals and up.
- Extensive learning budget along with rewards for any individuals to gain specific certificates as defined.
- Tons of internal and external training sessions (online learning resources, English, wellness & tech-share workshops).
03. Fun Vibes at Work
- Weekly cafeteria expenses with coffee beans, kinds of milks, noodles and snacks available at offices.
- Public holiday gifts and celebrations on Tet, Women’s days, Men’s Day, Children’s Day & Mid-Autumn Day, Programmer’s Day, Teacher/Trainer’s Day, and Christmas Day.
- Sports activities and clubs.
04. Health & Well-being
- Statutory insurances contributed based on full salary according to the laws of Vietnam.
- Annual health-check with an advanced package at a quality medical facility.
- National coverage healthcare card and seasonal flu shot.
- 12 annual leaves + 4 family days-off with extra days-off corresponding to employment milestone (after 1, 3, 5, 8, 10, 13, 15, 18 and 20 years).
- Company trip once a year and team outing trips.
- Visiting and caring on some occasions: birthday, marriage, pregnancy and baby shower, university graduation, hospitalization and funeral (for self-employees and direct family members).