Senior Legal & Compliance Specialist
Our Daily Vibes in our Ohana
Senior Legal & Compliance Specialist
DataHouse Asia is a is a member of ʻike Group, a growing group of innovators, technologists, and entrepreneurs, owning the biggest and the longest information technology consulting firm, our sister company, DataHouse Consulting founded in 1975 in Hawaii, US.
As one of the most prestigious software development companies in Danang, Vietnam, we provide end-to-end services for great enterprises, governments, and start-ups. With over 10 years of experience in the software engineering industry, we have successfully collaborated and delivered our high-quality software projects to partners in 19 countries worldwide.
Who are we looking for?
This position will be responsible for all activities related to legal and compliance matters for the Back Office and the Board of Directors to guarantee that the Company business process and transactions follow all relevant legal and internal guidelines, including reviewing and developing the Company’s policies in accordance with the relevant laws of Vietnam and any other duties/ad-hoc requested by Financial Controller and the Board of Directors.
What are your responsibilities?
01. Legal consultation and policy advice
- Mainly consult for the Board of Directors and Back Office team about enterprise laws & its relevant regulations and corporate & business matters.
- Conduct research on legal issues.
- Review and analyze laws, regulations, and case studies related to the IT and software industry to ensure legal compliance.
02. Legal writing and legal procedures
- Provide valuable services on drafting and reviewing commercial contracts
- Manage Work Orders/Contracts with clients, including drafting, tracking, reporting, and improving related tools and processes.
- Prepare and carry out procedures relating to enterprise registration.
- Be a key contact to work with the authorities and stakeholders for legal matters.
Do you meet these job requirements?
- Bachelor degree with major in Law, candidates with Lawyer Practicing Certificate is preferable.
- At least three (03) years of relevant experience as an in-house counsel with deep understanding and practical experience in Law on Enterprises and the related laws/regulations.
- Experience with efficient legal research, documents drafting and legal procedures.
- Having working experience in IT and software industry is an advantage;
- Be able to work independently and as a part of one team as well as with mixed audiences/ stakeholders of highly qualified legal and policy experts;
- Fluently written and spoken English;
- Good computer literacy for document development and team collaboration platforms.
Are you excited to explore our perks?
01. Salary & Bonuses
- Competitive take-home cash together with monthly allowances.
- Annual performance appraisal and salary review.
- 13th salary and accountability bonus twice a year based on company/individual performance and profitability.
- Monthly entertainment/team building allowances & project/team celebrations for certain milestones (applied for project teams and back office).
- Working tools: laptop and widescreen provided.
02. Life-long Learning & Development
- Opportunities to work alongside a fun and global team with international/US clients.
- On-site program to explore various cultures in multi-cities in Vietnam and the US for all levels.
- Seniority reward from one-year intervals and up.
- Extensive learning budget along with rewards for any individuals to gain specific certificates as defined.
- Tons of internal and external training sessions (online learning resources, English, wellness & tech-share workshops).
03. Fun Vibes at Work
- Weekly cafeteria expenses with coffee beans, kinds of milks, noodles and snacks available at offices.
- Public holiday gifts and celebrations on Tet, Women’s days, Men’s Day, Children’s Day & Mid-Autumn Day, Programmer’s Day, Teacher/Trainer’s Day, and Christmas Day.
- Sports activities and clubs.
04. Health & Well-being
- Statutory insurances contributed based on full salary according to the laws of Vietnam.
- Annual health-check with an advanced package at a quality medical facility.
- National coverage healthcare card and seasonal flu shot.
- 12 annual leaves + 4 family days-off with extra days-off corresponding to employment milestone (after 1, 3, 5, 8, 10, 13, 15, 18 and 20 years).
- Company trip once a year and team outing trips.
- Visiting and caring on some occasions: birthday, marriage, pregnancy and baby shower, university graduation, hospitalization and funeral (for self-employees and direct family members).