Junior Data Analyst
Our Daily Vibes in our Ohana
Junior Data Analyst
DataHouse Asia is a is a member of ʻike Group, a growing group of innovators, technologists, and entrepreneurs, owning the biggest and the longest information technology consulting firm, our sister company, DataHouse Consulting founded in 1975 in Hawaii, US.
As one of the most prestigious software development companies in Danang, Vietnam, we provide end-to-end services for great enterprises, governments, and start-ups. With over 10 years of experience in the software engineering industry, we have successfully collaborated and delivered our high-quality software projects to partners in 19 countries worldwide.
Who are we looking for?
When you choose DataHouse, you become part of an entrepreneurial culture that is passionate about making customers succeed through innovative technologies. As we grow our team and look to expand our customer base, we seek individuals with innovative ideas, deep subject matter expertise, a global perspective and the kind of grit that allows you and your team to see a project through – a quality that has been a DataHouse trademark from Day One. Our Culture promotes a value-centric, people focused mindset, that translates to working within the context of your role, but always striving to add value to your clients, your teams, and to your community. Many exciting things are being planned at DataHouse, and we look forward to the part you could play in making it happen. Join us, for the Greater Good.
As a Junior Data Analyst, you will work closely with clients and project teams to identify critical issues where data and analytics can deliver value and develop and deploy solutions. You will be responsible for the execution of analytics work plans, which includes working with data models and pipelines, performing data exploration, manipulation, and cleaning tasks, creating custom reports and dashboards, communicating key results, as well as following analytics methodologies and best practices.
What are your responsibilities?
Understand and document clients’ business needs and data flows to identify where analytical processes can add value and prescribe appropriate solutions.
Collect, manipulate and store data from various sources to construct streamlined data pipelines used to integrate with analytical software dashboards.
Help to scope and build analytics environments using open-source technologies and off-the-shelf packaged solutions.
Apply analytical understanding and critical thinking skills to identify trends and patterns within data.
Generate insights and recommendations by conducting routine analyses of various data systems.
Contribute to data profiling, exploration, hypothesis testing, and statistical modeling using R or Python.
Communicate key findings to various stakeholders to facilitate data-driven decision-making or storytelling.
Follow methodologies and best practices outlined by Data Analytics team.
Do you meet these job requirements?
Four-year degree in related field (Information Management/Informatics, Computer Science/Engineering, Data Science, Mathematics/Statistics, Business/Finance)
Essential Experience & Skills:
- 2+ years experience building data analytics platforms on tools and/or applications such as Tableau, PowerBI, Quicksight, etc.
- 2+ years experience working with databases, data modelling, data collection and warehousing, ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load), etc.
- 2+ years experience working with predictive models using machine learning algorithms.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated
Desirable Experience & Skills:
- Knowledge and experience working with AWS services
- Knowledge and experience using Continuous Process Improvement techniques such as Lean
- Knowledge and experience working in a team setting using various methodologies and frameworks such as Agile, Scrum, etc.
- Knowledge and experience using source control tools such as GitLab, GitHub, etc.
Are you excited to explore our perks?
01. Salary & Bonuses
- Competitive take-home cash together with monthly allowances.
- Annual performance appraisal and salary review.
- 13th salary and accountability bonus twice a year based on company/individual performance and profitability.
- Monthly entertainment/team building allowances & project/team celebrations for certain milestones (applied for project teams and back office).
- Working tools: laptop and widescreen provided.
02. Life-long Learning & Development
- Opportunities to work alongside a fun and global team with international/US clients.
- On-site program to explore various cultures in multi-cities in Vietnam and the US for all levels.
- Seniority reward from one-year intervals and up.
- Extensive learning budget along with rewards for any individuals to gain specific certificates as defined.
- Tons of internal and external training sessions (online learning resources, English, wellness & tech-share workshops).
03. Fun Vibes at Work
- Weekly cafeteria expenses with coffee beans, kinds of milks, noodles and snacks available at offices.
- Public holiday gifts and celebrations on Tet, Women’s days, Men’s Day, Children’s Day & Mid-Autumn Day, Programmer’s Day, Teacher/Trainer’s Day, and Christmas Day.
- Sports activities and clubs.
04. Health & Well-being
- Statutory insurances contributed based on full salary according to the laws of Vietnam.
- Annual health-check with an advanced package at a quality medical facility.
- National coverage healthcare card and seasonal flu shot.
- 12 annual leaves + 4 family days-off with extra days-off corresponding to employment milestone (after 1, 3, 5, 8, 10, 13, 15, 18 and 20 years).
- Company trip once a year and team outing trips.
- Visiting and caring on some occasions: birthday, marriage, pregnancy and baby shower, university graduation, hospitalization and funeral (for self-employees and direct family members).