Our Daily Vibes in our Ohana
Middle Data Scientist
DataHouse Asia is a is a member of ʻike Group, a growing group of innovators, technologists, and entrepreneurs, owning the biggest and the longest information technology consulting firm, our sister company, DataHouse Consulting founded in 1975 in Hawaii, US.
As one of the most prestigious software development companies in Danang, Vietnam, we provide end-to-end services for great enterprises, governments, and start-ups. With over 10 years of experience in the software engineering industry, we have successfully collaborated and delivered our high-quality software projects to partners in 19 countries worldwide.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a Data Scientist who will support our projects with insights gained from analyzing client data. The ideal candidate is adept at using large data sets to resolve problems for clients and process optimization and using models to test the effectiveness of different courses of action. They must have strong experience using a variety of data mining/data analysis methods, using a variety of data tools, building and implementing models, using/creating algorithms, and creating/running simulations. They must have a proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights. They must be comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams. The right candidate will have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working with stakeholders to improve business outcomes.
What are your responsibilities?
Data mining or extracting usable data from valuable data source
Using machine learning tools to select features, create and optimize classifiers
Carrying out preprocessing of structured and unstructured data
Enhancing data collection procedures to include all relevant information for developing analytic systems
Processing, cleansing, and validating the integrity of data to be used for analysis
Analyzing large amounts of information to find patterns and solutions
Developing prediction systems and machine learning algorithms
Presenting results in a clear manner
Propose solutions and strategies to tackle business challenges
Cross collaborates throughout the organization
Do you meet these job requirements?
- Bachelor’s degree with a major in IT university
- At least three (03) years of Data Science.
- Knowledge of statistical programming languages like R, Python, and database query languages like SQL, Hive, and Pig is desirable. Familiarity with Scala, Java, or C++is an added advantage.
- Statistics – Good applied statistical skills, including knowledge of statistical tests, distributions, regression, maximum likelihood estimators, etc. Proficiency in statistics is essential for data-driven companies.
- Machine Learning– good knowledge of machine learning methods like k-Nearest Neighbors, Naive Bayes, SVM, and Decision Forests.
- Strong Math Skills (Multivariable Calculus and Linear Algebra) – understanding the fundamentals of Multivariable Calculus and Linear Algebra is important as they form the basis of a lot of predictive performance or algorithm optimization techniques.
- Data Wrangling – proficiency in handling imperfections in data is an important aspect of a data scientist job description.
- Experience with Data Visualization Tools like matplotlib, ggplot, d3.js., Tableau that help to visually encode data
- Excellent Communication Skills – it is incredibly important to describe findings to a technical and non-technical audience.
- Strong Software Engineering Background
- Hands-on experience with data science tools
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Analytical mind and great business sense
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a relevant field is preferred
- Proven Experience as Data Analyst or Data Scientist
- Be able to work independently and as a part of one team as well as with mixed audiences/ stakeholders.
- Fluently written and spoken English
Are you excited to explore our perks?
01. Salary & Bonuses
- Competitive take-home cash together with monthly allowances.
- Annual performance appraisal and salary review.
- 13th salary and accountability bonus twice a year based on company/individual performance and profitability.
- Monthly entertainment/team building allowances & project/team celebrations for certain milestones (applied for project teams and back office).
- Working tools: laptop and widescreen provided.
02. Life-long Learning & Development
- Opportunities to work alongside a fun and global team with international/US clients.
- On-site program to explore various cultures in multi-cities in Vietnam and the US for all levels.
- Seniority reward from one-year intervals and up.
- Extensive learning budget along with rewards for any individuals to gain specific certificates as defined.
- Tons of internal and external training sessions (online learning resources, English, wellness & tech-share workshops).
03. Fun Vibes at Work
- Weekly cafeteria expenses with coffee beans, kinds of milks, noodles and snacks available at offices.
- Public holiday gifts and celebrations on Tet, Women’s days, Men’s Day, Children’s Day & Mid-Autumn Day, Programmer’s Day, Teacher/Trainer’s Day, and Christmas Day.
- Sports activities and clubs.
04. Health & Well-being
- Statutory insurances contributed based on full salary according to the laws of Vietnam.
- Annual health-check with an advanced package at a quality medical facility.
- National coverage healthcare card and seasonal flu shot.
- 12 annual leaves + 4 family days-off with extra days-off corresponding to employment milestone (after 1, 3, 5, 8, 10, 13, 15, 18 and 20 years).
- Company trip once a year and team outing trips.
- Visiting and caring on some occasions: birthday, marriage, pregnancy and baby shower, university graduation, hospitalization and funeral (for self-employees and direct family members).